Shooting Game: Jets N Guns
Jets'n'Guns. I hesitated before downloading a game with a name like that. In a way the name is.. interesting but it also reminded me of a gazillion ridiculous movies I have wasted precious seconds on before switching channels. Well. I'm glad I did download this game.
As it turns out the name is just about as tongue-in-cheekish as the rest of the game; and in a good sense. The best sense actually. The game is somewhat comic style with heavy metal music and the mood of the eigthies' and early nineties' Schwarzenegger movies. Right from the loading screen and the intro music I loved this game. Rough. Direct. Obvious.
There is an equipment shop complete with loud advertising, blinking signs, and hyped sales language where you can buy all kinds of guns and other stuff. Selling something back to the shop nets you exactly as much as you paid for it so you can experiment without losing money. There is also kind of a mission briefing screen and a story of sorts about the shamelessly exaggerated evil that you are fighting.
The main game is about shooting and bombing your way through some 21 levels. That's only two digits of levels and that does not sound like much and a good gamer should finish the game in a couple of hours or days perhaps - but all these levels are different. Fresh backgrounds and enemies and everything. Outer space, lava, jungle, Machinae Supremacy concert. As a game developer myself I can tell you that the effort that went into this game and all the detailed graphics and explosion and particle effects and walking, shooting, floating enemies is nothing short of insane. And it pays.
Sounds like I really like that game, huh? And I do. Perhaps I should make up some negative points now so that my review appears fair and balanced and unbiased. But I don't want to do that.
From the Developer:
Jets'n'Guns is a heavy piece of ground-shaking, rock-blasting action dressed in a full metal jacket with graphics that will blow your eyes out! Enjoy yourself with action that is almost insane. Save the universe from the deadly threat of twelve Masters of Destruction in a quest spanning 21 gigantic levels! Stand as one-against-many, armed with fifty different pieces of classy armament fitted tightly to the pitted hull of your spaceship! (Player Tip: Use the keyboard for better control...)
- Save the Universe in 21 levels full of thrilling action, shooting and demolition.
- Each level brings new scenario such as deep space, jungle, frozen ocean, lava planet.
- More than 200 original enemies, thread of fierce masters of destruction.
- Enjoy the total destruction through 57 different weapons!
- Upgrade your ship with 19 special devices!
- Various combination of weapons available - hundreds of possibilities how to equip your ship.
- Incredible graphic effects, using the latest features of the unique RakeX 2.0 engine.
- Sounds and sound-effects just like from a Hollywood movie.
- One hour of breathtaking original metal soundtrack by Machinae Supremacy.
- OS: Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows NT
- Memory: 32MB
- DirectX: 9
- Display: 16MB 3D Video Card
- CPU: P400
"I killed all the people that ejected from those vehicles MWAHAHAHAHA!..."